The term "personal information" refers to any information related to an individual that identifies them. During your relationship with the Company, we may ask you to provide personal information, including details such as your name, date of birth, address, phone number, passport, driver's license, and other relevant information for the provision of legal services by the Company.
Purposes for which we collect personal information
The Company collects, uses, and discloses personal information for purposes identified at the time of collection or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable laws, including for the following purposes:
- Provide legal services and other related services.
- Comply with our professional obligations, including client identification and verification rules.
- Establish and manage relationships with clients.
- Respond to information requests made through the website.
- Send updates on immigration law, international recruitment, and our services.
- For administrative, management, and operational purposes, such as issuing invoices, managing accounts, sales, collecting, and processing payments.
The Company aims to limit the amount of personal information it collects to what is necessary and appropriate for the identified purposes. We will neither use nor disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which they were collected unless you consent, or applicable laws allow or require it
Where possible, we will obtain consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information about an individual directly from that individual. If you provide the Company with personal information about another individual, you represent that, before submitting this information, you have obtained the necessary consent or authorization to allow us to collect, use, and disclose that personal information for the purposes set out in this Policy, or as permitted or required by applicable laws.
Withdrawing consent/opting out
You can change or withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information, or refuse certain uses and disclosures, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. To change or withdraw your consent, please contact our Personal Information Protection Officer, Patrice Brunet, using the postal or email address below:
- 1108 Av. Laurier O Outremont, QC H2V 2L4
Information we collect about you
We collect and use various types of information about you, including:
- Contact information such as name, physical address, email address, and phone number.
- Biographical information like a job title, and employer's name.
- Personal information you provide to describe your and/or your company's needs and requirements.
- Information about website usage and other technical details, such as details regarding visits to our website, your interaction with our online content, or information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Any other personal information provided by you.
How we collect your personal information
We use various methods to collect your personal information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it, for example, by filling out forms or corresponding with us by phone or email.
- Third parties or publicly accessible sources.
Cookies are small text files that our website may place on your computer or mobile device when you visit. We use the following types of cookies on our site:
- Functional cookies, used to remember your preferences.
- Analytical cookies, allowing us to improve the design and functionality of the website by collecting data about your usage.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Provide our legal and other services, administer, and execute our services.
- Respond to information requests or inquiries from our website visitors.
- Facilitate the use of our website and tailor the content effectively.
- For marketing and business development purposes.
- Fulfill our legal, regulatory, or risk management obligations.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose the personal information we collect or that you provide to us, including:
- To third parties in connection with legal proceedings, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To achieve the purpose for which you provided the personal information.
- For any other purpose we disclosed when you provided the personal information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including responding to a request from a government or regulatory agency, in accordance with applicable law.
Third-party seervice providers
To the extent that the Company uses third-party service providers to store, manage, or process personal information on its behalf, we use contractual means to protect your personal information. These service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
Security and storage of personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal information, including physical, organizational, and technological measures. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not entirely secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Retention of information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which we collected it unless otherwise authorized or required by applicable law or regulation.
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and the right to correct that information. To exercise these rights or for any other questions about your personal information, please contact our Personal Information Protection Officer, Patrice Brunet, at the contact details provided above.
Complaints regarding complicnace with this policy